Implementing the MDES approach with the right technological and methodological assets (i.e. a powerful Expert Search Engine and a relevant methodology to enhance problem formulation) presents strong advantages for experts, seekers and Open Innovation intermediaries (problem solving platforms).
For the experts
- Get relevant problems without having to register
- Ensure the protection of their intellectual property
- Avoid irrelevant work and frustration
- Get the guaranty to be paid for their work
For the seekers (the client companies)
- Have a better control of confidentiality
- Get potential access to tens of millions of worldwide experts
- Engage more and better experts
- Get better solutions
For the intermediaries (the platforms)
- Decrease cost structures
- Increase scalability
- Build a reputation of quality & trust
- Improve the solving rate and the solution quality.
The present article is after the chapter we wrote in the book “A Guide to Open Innovation and Crowdsourcing: A Compendium of Best Practice, Advice and Case Studies from Leading Thinkers, Commentators and Practitioners“.